Mourinho: Improving on 2010 is impossible

 Jose Mourinho, best coach in 2010 by FIFA

The crowning glory of a perfect year came on Monday 10 January 2011 in Zurich. The Special One is now officially the best coach around, after being chosen as FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football. Interviewed by FIFA.com shortly after the ceremony, the charismatic supremo looked back on his fine year, touched on his special bond with his former Inter charges and summed up his career so far in his own inimitable fashion: “I’ve gone from an assistant coach to the best in the world in ten years, so what I’ve achieved is quite sensational.”

Shortly before the award was announced you spoke about how hard it was to be waiting for the result. How do you feel now that you’ve won?
What I want to do now is to go home, so I can celebrate with my family and savour the moment. But I’m such a “terrible” person, that I’m already thinking about trying to win Thursday’s game with Real Madrid. I’m going to keep this trophy safe, because it’s part of my story and the story of those people who work with me, those who I love and who love me back. It’s something that’ll make me always keep looking for more, with the same level of motivation I’ve always had.  

There were some very special moments during the ceremony, such as the moving tribute to you from the Inter Milan players. Tell us about the relationship you had with them?
Without the players we coaches are nothing. The perfect team isn’t the one where the coach merely transforms the players, but one in which the players make the coach a better person too. And I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by a spectacular group of people at Internazionale and it wasn’t just the players. There were wonderful people at the club. And I was lucky too to come to Real Madrid and find another group of fantastic players with which to round off a year that was packed with incredible victories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAMILIA YANGU ILIPOTEMBELEA KIJIJI CHA WATOTO YATIMA CHA FURAHA MBWENI KINACHOSIMAMIWA NA MASISTA WA KATOLIKI WA SHIRIKA LA KIMISIONARI LA BIKIRA MARIA MAMA WA YATIMA SIKU YA JUMAPILI TAREHE 17 JANUARI 2016

Rest In Peace Son of Africa, Meles Zenawi.